Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Very Busy Spider

We have our very own "Very Busy Spider" in the Heritage CDC Learning Garden!  When I was out in the garden contemplating whether or not to start pulling everything up I found her.  A spider that had spun a web between the butterfly bush and the green pepper plant.  In the middle of the web is a series of ball shaped sacks.  I love spiders.  I love them in books.  I love them in songs.  I love them in the garden.  I admire their work ethic.  I admire their diligence.  Needless to say, I left everything in the garden for one more week...who knows what other spiders might need a place to spin a web?

"The autumn days grow short and cold;
I'ts Christmas time again.
Then snows of winter slowly melt.
The day grows short, And then...
He turns the seasons around,
And so she changes her gown;
Mother Earth and Father Time.
How very special we are
For just a moment to be
Part of life's eternal rhyme."
Charlotte's Web by EB White




No comments:

Post a Comment